Passenger Door ajar

I can't really help you with this problem, although I too get a message everytime I turn on my car. I've tried to find the actual sensor to disable it (I can tell whether my passanger door is ajar without a reminder!), but I can't find it! its not in the actual door, but somewhere in the piece between the fender & the trunk. My mechanic took apart the door & somehow got into that part of the car. He found the cable but that was about it. During this process, he also managed to drop a screwdriver inside the "cavity", so now, when I make quick stops, the screwdriver shifts from one end to the other (although I haven't heard it rolling around for a while, who knows whats happened to it...) I'm also interested in any advise regarding this annoying problem.

Ah, yes, I remember this well. My 90 coupe had a passenger's side door ajar, and it turned out to be the actual sensor. This plastic mechanical device is in fact inside the door, nearest the locking mechanism. As I recall, the sensor is mounted on the door latch and requires some effort to remove (since you also need to remove the actual door latch etc etc)<P>--Tom<BR>

Hi Folks,<P>I have a very irritating problem, in that the CRT gives a passenger door ajar indication after cranking the car and placing the transmission into Drive. I can clear the indiation by pressing the return "knob" ('89 with computer screen). I have checked the little push switch on the door and it does exist and can be depressed manually. Has anyone else had this problem and provide me with a solution. Your help would be appreciated.