Frayed wires on 1940

Garyr1016

Nearly every wire in the harness is losing it's insulation. At the connector ends, at junctions and severe turns. I could start replacing them one by one but I'm hoping that somewhere there is a wire harness manufacturer. Should I go with original (or original looking) wire or modern plastic coated wires? Should I just buy several different color coded spools and do it myself? Any advise is appreciated.

Guest Straight eight

These folks at Harnesses Unlimited are the ones to contact. They will go beyond all expectations, and have your wiring already for you. I have used them twice, and each time they have gone beyond the call of duty. laugh.gif

"WIRING harnesses 1900 to 1953, authentic reproductions, handcrafted with the finest materials, each supplied with: limited warranty, installation instructions and schematics; also offering wiring supplies, braiding service; catalog or information $5. Harnesses Unlimited, Box 435, Wayne, PA 19087."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------