old Studebaker carbs

Hey guy, i got a couple questions for you, I was helping my grandffather clean out his basement and we came across these carbs,

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I did a little digging and found out they are studebaker carbs may early 30's an you guys tell me which model studebaker or type of motor these carbs would have went to.

i was thinking of selling these on ebay is it worth it, and should i try to clean them up a little, like dip them and stuff, i am good with carbs i work on inline 4 bike which run 4 carbs so i know how to take carbs apart carefully and clean them.

what are some of your opinions on these.

thanks so much

-Ryan

Look to be late teens to early 20's. There should be a model number cast into the side of the main body. A couple of examples of a valid model number are LS-2 and OE-1. There will also be a serial number stamped on the carb. Let us know what the models are and we can help you with the application. And I agree that you should sell them as is.

Joel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look to be late teens to early 20's. There should be a model number cast into the side of the main body. A couple of examples of a valid model number are LS-2 and OE-1. There will also be a serial number stamped on the carb. Let us know what the models are and we can help you with the application. And I agree that you should sell them as is.

Joel </div></div>

thanks,

I was meaning to add that info and just plain forgot, the carb info on the first carb is as follows OE-1 then stamped under that is the number 2145408

and the other carb is a OE-2 number under it is 2270378

thanks for the advise on not cleaning, is that because it is better to let a collector or enthusist that knows these carbs clean them?

-ryan

The OE1 was used on the Studebaker Light 6 from about 1923 - 1924 (EM model). The OE2, I believe, is a larger version, but I do not believe it to have originally been used on a Studebaker,

Regarding the cleaning; personally I would be going through any carburetor that I purchased regardless of whether or not someone else had "cleaned" it.

Joel