Codes, your thoughts please....

redhot91

In my previous post I mentioned having problems with my 91 trouble starting, rough idle and stalling, black smoke at start up and slight engine surges... Well, I pulled these codes...what do you think? E026, E061 and B335H. Not sure about the 061...is that cruise control related? The one that concerns me is the E026....does this point to a bad EGR considering my other symptoms?

Can someone tell me where the EGR is located and what I should do with it when I find it?

Thanks,

Joe.

Guest F14CRAZY

B335: loss of climate control driver information center data

E026: shorted throttle signal switch

E061: cruise: vent solenoid problem

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">B335: loss of climate control driver information center data

E026: shorted throttle signal switch

E061: cruise: vent solenoid problem </div></div>

Are these general codes for GM? Mine are a little different, perhaps mine are wrong....

I'm looking at the 1991 Buick trouble codes

B335 is history, which I thought had to do with the air bag system. I'm not too concerned about that one.

E061 is also cruise vent solenoid...What exaclty is that?

E026 is Quad-driver (QDM) circuit.

Nonetheless, it's all the same to me, because I don't know what any of it means. I don't know a whole lot about cars, just the very basics. I feel like I am in my freshman year at College of The Reatta. Knowing the codes still doesn't help me understand what is wrong with my baby. I really, really don't want to take it to the shop. I know I will end up wasting a lot of time and money. The last place I took my '90 in for brakes the guy remarked, "Is that a Buick?" and then quoted me $5k for a brake job. Ha!

Can anyone give me a push in the right direction so I can get this fixed ASAP?

Joe

Evidently there may be some differences in the error codes for different years, but my '90 manual indicates the E026 is the quad driver circuit. The quad drivers are in the ECM, (essentially transistors I believe), and they do control several items, the EGR being one of them. I thought the '91 went to a somewhat different operating system for the EGR although that may be in error. the B335 appears to be for the heating/cooling/ventilation system. If it was current code, the system would likely not operate and diagnostics could not be entered either. Not a lot of help.