Upstate NY Chapter Tour May 7th

JohnD1956

Just in case some may not be viewingt he club events forum, here are details on our tour plans to Rhinebeck:

Please see the following details for our chapters first tour. Then, advise Ken Nichols at questor9@flash.net or 518 254 0909

or Ray Buck at BCK110@verizon.net or 518 272 2710 if you will be joining us and from which point you will meet up with us.

We'd like to plan appropriately, so please be sure to contact them as soon as possible. If you have a cell phone and want to be included please advise them of your number.

This ought to be fun, and even if you are not driving your car that day you can still join us.

MAY 7th Rhinebeck Fairground Tour Event:

Note the departure times will be followed very closely.

7:00 to 7:30 most folks gather at Krispy Creme in Latham, NY.

(Those south and west can meet at the second stop below)

Leave Krispy Creme by 7:40 traveling south via the Thruway to exit 21, Catskill, NY.

Follow signs to State Route 23 towards Rip Van Winkle Bridge.

8:15 to 8:30 rendezvous at Tori G'S Family Restaurant [[big Pizza & Pasta sign on right side of SR23]]

next door is Food mart Citgo gas station on SR 23 just before the Rip Van Winkle Bridge.

Leave Tori G's by 8:40 traveling east over bridge,

then bearing left to SR 9G north and then bearing right to remain on SR 23 east/south (for about 3 miles),

we travel on US 9 and we'll stay on this for a while (approx. 20 miles) going through the town of Red Hook,

we continue on till we arrive at SR 9G (right after Weys Corners),

we turn left on SR 9G south (for 1.45 miles),

we turn right on SR 308 west (or East Market Street) (for 1.45 miles),

we turn left at Parsonage Street and the entrance to the fairgrounds by 9:20- 9:30.

We need tconfirmations by the night before the event (how many cars we will have).

The Event Passes from Al Krumm will be given out (quickly) at our rendezvous points.

John, I assume you can be lead car from Latham if Ray can not make the event?

I will be lead car from Catskill. I can give out a walkie talkie at this point for the car holding the rear.

We'll also need to know some cars with known cell phones for general / emergency announcements.

I'll have mine on me.

-Ken Nichols :-)