'56 olds wheel cylinder front

Guest imported_pete324rock

anybody got a book that says what other models will interchange with a 1956 olds front drivers side wheel cylinder.I never thought a wheel cylinder would be hard to find locally until I went lookin-all the computers they use only go back to the 60's - the parts are still out there but no numbers to find them. Any help appreciated-pete

My parts book goes back only to 1959 on the complete wheel cylinder, but it does give a p/n for the kit. 1937-58 8 cyl 5456700, and it shows it is for a 1-3/32" bore.

Try www.usapartssupply.com in Manassas VA. They have a pretty comprehensive listing and are usually cheaper than Kanter if you have to order them. Having your originals sleeved is another option that can get rid of pitting and leaking problems long term.

Thanks for that information-actually I like the second part of your answer better-wonder how hard it would be to get a sleeve that size.Sure would be nice to have something that wouldn't rust-like a stainless sleeve.I really hate rust- errrrrr! pete