CAR WAX

GIVE THIS A TRY SEE WHAT YOU THINK.<BR>USE IT ON A SMALL AREA THAT WONT SHOW..<BR>INSIDE OF YOUR TRUNK UNDER THE HOOD...<BR>NOW...GO TO THE GROCERY STORE AND PICK UP<BR>A CAN OF ........FAVOR...ITS A SPARY CAN<BR>OF FURNITURE POLISH..WITH PLEDGE ETC...<BR>I USE IT ON MY GAS PUMP AND DOOR JAMS OF MY CAR..AND AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT..LET US KNOW WHAT U THINK.

A friend mentioned one time that he used to use Pledge on his cars back in the later '60s. He claimed it would decrease the orange peel sometimes too.<P>No doubt, anything that puts some of the depleted oils back into the paint will make it look better, but durability would be an issue for exterior surfaces. Not to say it doesn't work well in those less conspicuous places!<P>To me, the main concern would be durability as the outside environment is different than inside a garage or residence. I have found Meguiars products to work extremely well on all of my cars, plus being easy to use. No doubt, the durability is better than a furniture polish and could be cheaper in the long run too, no offense intended. I also suspect it might have a "harder" shine too.<P>We used to get some spray carnauba wax for our used car reconditioning activities. I put some on some of the die cast cars we had on display in the parts department. We had a display with overhead lights shining down onto a glass display case. I had a Dale Earnhart BassPRO edition car on the top. Between customers one day, I got the spray wax and sprayed some on a piece of paper towel that I rumpled up first to soften it. I them lightly rubbed the spray wax from the towel to the car. It made that gold metallic paint on that die cast race car really pop out under those lights. I did the others we had sitting out on display too, with similar results. I was careful not to rub hard lest some of the miniature race decals and such come off. I tried it on the glass display cases too. It worked great there too. PLUS, it made all of those things easier to keep dusted!<P>Best thing is to experiment to find what works best for what you're doing.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467