Questions-Questions-Questions

Skid Rowe

Although I've owned several Reatta's (3 of them), and I've been lurking in the background for about 2 years without posting (I've really enjoyed the reading, and it's been very helpfull), It's time to ask a few questions about these great cars, and hopefully someone can help me fill in the blanks. I thought I'd just put all my questions on one post instead of 3-4 different topics.

1) I've had an '88, and still own a '90 and a '91. On the first two, the pin stripe is typical "taped" on pinstripe. On the '91, the pinstripe seems to be actually "painted" on the car. Is this normal ?

2) speaking of '91's, I've got a red in/red out combination. Except for the red convertable on ebay recently, I've never seen another red/red combination. (Just red/camel). Is this a particularly unusual color combination?

3) All the Reatta's I've seen have the round gear shifter in the console, with the button on top. (Including my '91) The red '91 convertable on ebay had a "T" type gear shifter similar to those on the Allante. Which is right? Did make a change late in the '91 production?

4) And lastly, as well built as the Reatta is, and with such care taken in the hand built production, why is that piece of metal on the under side of the trunk lid cut so badly? (The underside where the lock mechanism is). I think all Reattas have it. It's poorly cut, and slightly crooked. Looks like an after thought. Every Reatta I've seen has this added on piece of metal. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

All 4 years of the Reattas the pin stripe from the factory was painted on. If you have tape the car was probably painted and then someone put on tape striping. The painted on striping did wear off and another possiblility is it got so bad someone put tape over it.

All Reattas came with the same shift knobs. The "T"type shift knob was added from an earlier Buick of some kind.

Guest tempest68

#2 could probably be answered by looking at the database on reatta.net. Download the MS Excel version so you can sort the data easily.