Fuel Pump - Almost Ready to Give!

mfelmore

Don?t mean to whine, but!!!! Maybe I am not into the challenge to do this.<P>I have been trying to find kits, pumps, arbor presses and such to fix a fuel pump problem on my 1954 Roadmaster. I finally got a pump number from ya?ll and ordered a kit. The kit doesn?t have all the parts and even with that I am not sure how to remove the diaphragm with the press.<P>Current Pump has a number 775D stamped on inside.<P>My questions. <P>If I were to replace the pump with an electric, what should I do about the vacuum portion of the dual action pump? <P>If I send off the pump for a professional rebuild, where?<P>If I contact the kit supplier and get the right kit, is it worth it to send to diaphragm to have them done at $5.00 each plus shipping?<P>Sorry for the seemingly dumb questions, I am just frustrated.<P>Thanks,

Guest Straight eight

I had the same problem with my 1947 Buick, all the rebuilt pumps were less than desirable.<BR>I ordered a brand new, just made pump from new parts in stock from Antique Auto Parts Cellar. He has a web site now, <A HREF="http://www.then-now.com" TARGET=_blank>www.then-now.com</A> Phone number 781-335-1579 M-F 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM.<P>He advertises in Hemmings too.<P>I have been very happy with this pump.<BR> wink.gif" border="0