63 "wire wheel" hubcaps

I understand that wire wheel hubcaps were an option on full-size Buicks in 63. My 63 Electra has some rather poor examples of the standard hubcaps, and I'm thinking about replacing them with some good examples of wire wheels. Has anyone ever seen the wire wheels on a 63 full-size? How do they look? I'm afraid they may be a little out of place on the beast that is the 225.<P>As an alternative, anyone have any good standard hubcaps they want to sell me?<P>Thanks.

Like you, I have less than perfect original wheel covers. Mine are the deluxe hub caps and I assume yours are too. I've been looking for a nice replacement set for quite a while, but I've recently decided to go with the wire wheel covers instead. I look at the wire wheel covers as being classy, and intended for use on a classy elegant car. The Electra is certainly all of that. I've seen photo's of Electra's with wire wheel covers for sale on Ebay, and in my opinion they look like they belong on the car. In fact, I now think the deluxe caps I have are understated for the Electra. I'd like to find the correct hub wire caps, but I'm not sure how to identify them. I'm especially not sure what the centers should look like. I would think even a set from a '63 Riviera would be correct, but what to replace the center caps with is my question. Maybe someone can help me with that question.<BR>Pat

Wire wheel caps, or any high-line wheel treatment option, are always appropriate for the larger top line cars. To wit- 1964 Olds Starfire I just purchased came with the flat face "plain ugly" standard 1964 Olds covers. I put on a set of 1964 wires and changed the whole character of the car. Likewise 1976 Regency came with the deluxe caps for tha year, but still looked a little, shall we say, "muted". Put on a set of Polycast Super Stock IV factory road wheels and walla! instant stunner. Car changed from a dowager queen to Grace Kelly with that simple addition. Made the car look light on its feet and obviously the top of the heap car that it was and is.<P>At least you can put them on a 63. 1964-later the fender skirts preclude using knockoff-styled wires.