FS - 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible

Find more info on my EBAY auction.

Click here for more details and photos.

1947 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible

An absolutely rust free, original paint car!

I found this car in remarkably original condition, but with the typical problems related to a car stored and not run for some time.

Since I purchased the car I've done the following:

>Professionally installed new Lebaron Bonney top, front bow, boot, rear carpet, and front floor rubber.

>New top motors

>Engine freshly tuned and runs great

>Brakes redone

>Rear end gone through

The car already had fresh WWW tires, good chrome and a clean interior (but not original).

Since completing the above work I've been enjoying the car as-is -- it's a ball to drive! When I tell people it still has its original paint I always get a look! Don't get me wrong, the paint is by no means perfect, but its cool to tell people it's original. How many other 58 year old cars can say that?

So what's wrong with the car you ask? The only real strike on the car is the dash plastic and paint, but that is readily available from Dennis Carpenter and others. Could also use some of the rubber replaced - also available. Great thing about these old Fords is all the incidental stuff like rubber, plastic, etc. can be found in a catalog.

This car would be a very simple restoration if that is your goal. Literally disable, clean, paint and reassemble and you'll have a show winning car. Or do as I do and just enjoy it as-is.

Don't hesitate to call me if you have questions or want more detailed photos.

You wont find a nicer, more original Ford convertible.

Sacrifice: $37,000 OBO

The car is in Tucson Arizona.

Peter

(520) 991-7940

petergar@yahoo.com

02a.jpg

Find more info on my EBAY auction.

Click here for more details and photos.