16 way not working

Guest maybe2fast

Guest maybe2fast

okay I thought the switch went bad because some snow fell on it but I replaced the switch and still nothing. my pass seat works fine but the drivers does not. I am kinda stumped seeing that the pas and the drivers are on quite a few of the same wires. any help would be great thanks in advance.

Don

Guest Greg Ross

Your first instinct (the switch) was what I've had trouble with over the years. I've had them apart, cleaned contacts and reassembled. Last fault was something new though, where the wire harness exits the door through that rubber sleeve the hot wire out to the switch had broken from being flexed some thousands of times. Replaced the wire(heavy orange) from the Armrest Switch to just beside the Emerg. Brake pedal, good to go again.

Guest maybe2fast

well no power to the drivers switch. the pass. switch works so there is a wiring problem from the switch to the splice of the power wire to the pass. switch. Like stated above it is most likely in the door but who knows? I will try to locate the bad section. where does this wire run? (through the door into the interior just under the dash?)

Don

Guest Greg Ross

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> where does this wire run? (through the door into the interior just under the dash?)

</div></div>

YES