Junkyard Trip- Interesting Stuff to see

Guest Rojo22

Hey guys, went out to a junkyard that I have not been to yet. It is in a southern Georgia town, in the middle of nowhere. Wanted to post pictures of some of the cool Buick stuff I saw. Not sure what all of it was so would appreciate a bunch of comments on what it is exactly. I think I might make him an offer on the Riviera Boat tail, and maybe pick it up next weekend or the weekend after that, so if you want more pictures of something let me know. If you are REALLY interested in something let me know, and I will get a price for you.

Lamar

This was a scouting trip, so I did not have time to take any of the traditional notes I normally take. So I will run off of my memory recalling what the owner recalled from his memory....CAUTION....CAUTION....

The Boat tail was a 76, the GS was a 67, and the Skylark was never discussed as far as years go. There was absolutely no 50's model buicks there. I have a few more pictures of some 40's or 30's stuff, but that should be it. I have a phone call out to a woman right now that has 40 cars that her late husband purchased from the guy who owned the junkyard, so I cannot say for sure what those are yet. I plan on going down and gathering more detailed info later on. If anyone shows any interest in these, I will get specifics.

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lamar

There was absolutely no 50's model buicks there. I have a few more pictures of some 40's or 30's stuff, but that should be it. I have a phone call out to a woman right now that has 40 cars that her late husband purchased from the guy who owned the junkyard, so I cannot say for sure what those are yet. </div></div>

That's probably where all the 50's Buicks went. If so I'd like to talk to THAT lady laugh.gif

Ok here is a mystery for everyone, specifically the guys who are good with the 30s-40s stuff. What in the world is this and what year? I saw Buick Super on it so I can only give one clue.....

I thought there were a few more of these old Buick pictures but this is the last one.

Other makes I saw. Studes (54-56 there were 6 cars), Crosley (only one), Cadillac pickup truck (Yeehaw...Actually it was kinda cool looking), 70-72 Convertible Caddys (2 cars fair shape for both), 60' FIAT, 50's Internation Harvester Pickup, 60' Olds Dynamic 88, 50's Chevrolet, 46 Ford truck (two of these), 1950 Packard 4 door, 1957 Plymouth Suburban 2 door station wagon(nicest car we saw), and a whole bunch of rust.....I have other pictures of most of what I described, so if you are interested in any of that EXCEPT the cadillac pickup, dang camera didnt take the picture....I can supply.

Thanks for the pics. Last thing I need is another project car but... Keep us posted on what ya find. Also, the boatail looks like a good car to pull the trigger. Good luck.

HurstGN

I would have to have camera problems on one of the most interesting things I saw. The car was under quite a few trees, and was "buried" under alot of tree debris. The account that I got was a "bodge" job on the cadillac. It was definitely not a from the factory thing. The back was a 5 window chevrolet pickup, and the rear pickup box was definitely a full sized 50s chevy box. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being concourse, this thing was a solid 3 or 4. It was a project that if someone would have put away somewhere would have been "fun" to do, but now it would be a major hassle. I will be back down in two weeks so, I will try and get better (any) pictures of it.