1972 Question

I need to know if the 455 was available in the 1972 Skylark.<P>Please, don't look in your "Standard Guide" book and see that it was available, only to forget the distinction between the GS and the Skylark. I am strictly talking about the latter.<P>Thanks a bunch!<P>Diego

• 1 month later...

In my 1970 Skylark sales brochure, the only place the 455 is listed is in the GS455 as the regular GS had the 350 4bbl engine as standard equipment. I suspect the '71 and '72 vehicles were the same with respect to engine useage.<P>Common sense would tend to dictate that a 455 in a regular non-GS Skylark would take too much away from the GS455 models. Things were very territorial back then. <P>The only exception might be in some "fleet" orders (as in police cars), but it would take some original sales order guides with fleet options to find that out. Until such documentation is produced, I concur that only the 350 and smaller engines (as in Chevy 250 CID inline 6-cylinder) were available in the non-GS Skylark in '72, '71, and '70.<BR>As powerful as the Buick 350 is compared to the beloved Chevy 350, there really wouldn't be any reason for a Buick police car to have anything more powerful than a Buick 350 4bbl for normal police work anyway.<P>And the stated reason for this inquiry is?????<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467