Chicago Auto Show

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Well I just got in from the show and I have to say that pictures don't do the Lucerne justice. It is a very striking car and I like it very much. I was dissapointed that I couldn't sit in them but being preproduction cars that was expecting too much. But the best part of the show wasn't at the Buick spot. Across the main entrance and way to the back of the smaller side of the show was a small area with older cars. One of the roped off area's featuring a 1932 Duesenburg twin cowl touring car and a 1956 Buick Roadmaster convertible grabbed my attention almost as a side line. Hidden behind everything else was this nice display from the Volo Auto Museum. I had to check it out and as I walked farther back and around the exhibit I saw a thing of Beauty in White. The 1953 Buick Wildcat 1. Absolutely gorgeeous, as I was drooling over it a man jumped the rope and came over to visit. His name was Joe Bortz and he owns the Bortz auto collection. He told me about his 51/52 Buick Limo he owns that was built for Harlow Curtice and we visited for some time about his collection of 45 concept cars. He was very freindly and informative. If any of you are going to go to the Show in Chicago make sure you look for this area. I would have missed it entirely if I hadn't went back to look at something else with a freind from work. It was nearly 10 pm at night and Joe was still there willing to talk about his cars. I would think during the day you could easily see him and visit. It is after midnight and I had write this while it was still fresh in my mind so forgive my speling.