Anyone looking for a NEW 1961 Buick?

Centurion

Guest my3buicks

I have been watching this one just to see what it does, you would think that they might have a least given it a bath. It looks like it will need a good bit of detailing to make it look like it should with that kind of mileage. I guess I look at a certain 66 Wildcat with 5K (attachment) and think that's what all low mileage cars should look like.

Guest Skyking

Brian, that motor looks like it has more than 9300 miles on it. Looks are very deceiving. When I bought my 66 Skylark off the original owner, the clock said 11,000 miles. With the condition it was in, I could have passed it off for that mileage even though it was actually 111,000.......

Guest Dynaflo2

I agree with Skyking. I would expect the engine to look nicer than that with fewer than 10,000 miles. That said, if the odo has flipped, the engine is in nicer shape than I would expect. I would like to see an up-close shot of the brake and gas pedals.

I must be off...

Guest my3buicks

I guess if the owner lived on back country roads, it wouldn't take long for an engine compartment to look like that. Many people oiled their cars for winter also, so maybe that has been done to this car.

After missing out on the blue one sold up your way Brian, I was very interested in this one too. Then I noticed the dent in the rear bumper and the dent in the lf fender near the peak. I am also somewhat skeptical about the miles being actual, although with the interior as nice as it is, it would be hard to believe the odometer has rolled over.

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am also somewhat skeptical about the miles being actual, although with the interior as nice as it is, it would be hard to believe the odometer has rolled over. </div></div>

Tom, I'm not sure if you saw my 66 Skylark at Flint in '03, but that interior was all original and as nice as new...so were the gas & brake pedals.

Since my parents had a 61 LeSabre from 1964 to 1968 I can attest that the interior is original. The fabric back in those days would not survive a 10 year/100K plus journey through automotive life; therefore, I believe the miles to be low. Also, the brake pedals on the 61s did not hold up that well and the brake pedal on that car is original, right down to the correct color and the logo "Power Brake". As stated in prior posts, it is a car that you would want to see before bidding. In addition to the apparent dings in the rear bumper and the front left fender, the paint on the right-side panels don't seem to match. As far as the engine compartment, after nine-thousand miles it can get dirty. In summary, definitely a car worth pursuing for somebody who really wants one!

John, I agree with you regarding the originality of the interior. This interior is identical to that of the '61 LeSabre 4-door hardtop my parents owned from late 1960 to 1965.

I had not noticed about the paint mis-match, and here's probably the photo you are referring to:

a0_12_sb.JPG