Are those portholes on Rendezvous bumpers?

I've noticed four "porthole" looking accoutrements on the rear bumpers of both new Buick Rendezvous as well as, I believe, Park Avenues. I haven't noticed these on any other GM vehicles. I may have just missed them on other makes, but when I have seen them they have ALWAYS been on Buicks.<P>Can anyone tell me what these are? I have a bet with my wife on this, so be gentle!

Those are the sonic sensors for the parking assist option. I wish they didn't look like painted "zits" on the bumpers, though, and wish they could disguise them better, but I guess you need to see what you paid for. There's a display inside (visible with audible warning tones) to tell you how close you are to something back there.<P>They also exist on Ford Windstar vans too. They would make sense for a SUV or van-type vehicle, but on a lower to the ground car I might question the necessity of it. But if it saves lives and property damage, it could have it's good points. <P>I guess it's a more reasonable alternative to the rear video camera on an Infinity Q45 though.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467