Touch up paint

Guest snowdrift

Guest snowdrift

I have a 90 Reatta, white. Is it possible to buy touch up paint from GM or will I have to have a body shop mix some??? Thanks

what works best for me is to find an auto paint supply store that makes spray cans. have them make a can for you, and then spray the paint in the lid. use a very small brush for the actual touch-up.

several advantages here: first, the aerosol can will keep the paint fresh forever, so it won't be dried up in six months. using a small art-type bruch will work much better than those brushes attached to the top of touch up bottles.

one more little trick: when you spray the paint in the lid, let it sit for three or four minutes to allow it to thicken slightly. it will cover better this way. just rinse out the brush in a solvent like lacquer thinner.

Mike

I went to my local auto paint store who also stocks ready to use touch up paint. They matched the color to GM 3800 manufactured by Plasti-kote. You may still be able to get it through a dealer, but it was in stock at this paint store. Every match has been perfect.

Guest mgibson

Dupli-Color makes a 5 oz. spray can of Artic White p/n DSGM 138. It is available at auto parts stores (mine came from Carquest) and Wal-Mart as well as other stores that have an automotive section. I have used the paint on my 89 Reatta and the match is perfect! grin.gif