93 Buick Regal Help

Lifters and or rocker arms are making noise we have brand new lifters in and it's still making noise we just rebuilt the engine. What could be the problem. If anyone can help please let me know asap. If at all possible please email me at catrenasanchez@hotmail.com or IM me on AIM at bigbird494.

Hopefully, you put some camshaft lube on the lobes of the camshaft to help the lifters break in, even if it was the existing cam. Also, it's advisable to "prelube" the lifters (in a pan of oil to compress their plungers to force the air out of them) before they go in the motor. Then prior to start up, using an electric drill motor to prime the oil pump and put pressurized oil into the various galleys and passageways in the block. If, per chance, some air got trapped in the lifter galleys, it could well take a while go get out. Some engines are more critical on that than others.<P>For example, it used to be a problem to have noisy lifters just after an oil change on 454 Chevies (early '70s time frame). The fix was to use front galley plugs for the lifter galleys with a .040" hole in them to let the air escape when the engine was restarted.<P>Has someone put a manual oil pressure gauge in the engine to see where the oil pressure actually is or isn't? You can temporarily screw it into the same hole as the oil pressure sending unit goes (possibly having to short across the sending unit so the electric fuel pump might run).<P>All of these items are pretty generic recommendations. Knowing which engine it is might provide some more specific recommendations.<P>Just some thoughts . . .<BR>NTX5467