Does anyone have photos of the 1959 and 1961 GM Motoramas?

Centurion

I have long hoped to locate some photos of the final editions of GM's famed Motoramas. Certainly, the concept was waning by the time the 1959 and 1961 versions appeared, and each division no longer received a special dream car for the occasion. I believe that these final Motoramas may have been limited to only two cities each, in contrast to the earlier shows.

Despite the fact that these Motoramas were significantly scaled back, the displays of the production cars remained impressive. Did anyone here attend these final Motoramas? Does anyone have photos that could be scanned, or at least copied? I've found very little on the Internet for these shows.

Brian, I'm a friend of Rich Gibbs and he has a lengthy VHS video about all of the motorama shows I've viewed. I'm certain there is something on it about the 59 show. Not sure about 1961. I also think there is a book about the motoramas.

Its late but I'll write myself a note and see if I have the book. Steve #3194 Life

Steve, thanks for your reply. I have the videotape, and should probably watch it once again. My recollection is that there was little coverage regarding the '59 and '61 shows, but I will try to confirm that.

Thanks for the links on the book. This looks really interesting, so I may need to pursue it.

By the way, I notice that you own several great Buicks. I'm guessing that there are probably many stories about the '65 Electra 225. And your '65 Wildcat Custom is probably my favorite Buick of the 1960's. I sold mine when the twins arrived in '96, but have always hoped that there would be another in my garage someday. If you have opportunity, we would enjoy hearing more about your Buicks in the new "Me and My Buick" forum.

Guest sintid58

As much as I love my Buicks that Diamond T pickup has got to be one of the nicest old pickups around. I saw one at an old time show near Elsberry Mo once and fell in love. Growing up there was a local trucker that had 2 54 Diamond T tractors and a 54 Diamond T Straight truck that he kept in perfect condition well into the late 60's early 70's. They looked a lot like the pickups I have seen and the chrome and styling on them is gorgeous. There is an old Diamond T tractor sitting in a yard in Kansas that needs restoration from that era I would love to work on restoring if I had the time and $$.