interesting find while doing restore

faderwars

so i was taking off the interior door panels today and behind the passenger side panel i found a piece of paper stuck to the metal frame of the door with the same black adhesive used for sealing purposes - it has some writing on it:

Sp.

9573D

3539.RRR.349

B1.F.G.Mi.R

H.Z.D.O3

and the bottom line is faded out but there is a "N" with a circle around it.

it is handwritten - looks like the paper might have been torn off of a roll.

any ideas on what it might be?

also found an old Humble Oil and Refining Company credit card

expires 08/62

with the "HAPPY MOTORING" tag line on it.

no magnetic stripe - just some numbers on the front....good stuff

anyone else found interesting items while doing restores?

easy

jeremy

For many years I had a stock '46 Olds 98 club sedan. After about 5 years, I decided to have the hood and front fenders painted. When I took the hood off, on the underside written with a chalky white grease pencil under all the gunk were the words: "Kilroy was here" as plain as day. I've always heard this was a saying used frequently during/after WWII by factory workers, for "fun" I guess. The hoods on these cars did not open very wide, and I was always bumping my head on the latch. It always was very hard to see under the hood of that car, and I believe this was written as a joke by a factory worker on the assembly line, and was there all those years without being discovered until I did in about 1986 - - 40 years!

• 1 year later...

I took the interior out of my '72 Chevelle Malibu the other day and found what I thought was my build sheet.To my suprise it was not even for a Chevrolet but a build sheet for a '72 Oldsmobile Cutlass.???It is in great shape,completely intact.The vin# is 3G87H2R111666.The color of the car is #36 Radiant Green.Both cars were built in Arlington,Tx.If anyone would like any more info please let me know.Do you know of a registery so that I may be able to find it?If it still exist?Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest imported_Julian

I was taking my 42 Olds apart and under the front seat stuffed under the carpet was an early 50s girlie magazine in good condition. It was so funny to see something at is SO TAME by todays magazines and the ads of the day were just hiliarious...also found a pay stub from the same time period by a previous owner. comical...:)