Need help with Front Page - PLEASE!

24T42

OK - Front Page is driving me crazy.

Lately, FP is doing crazy things when I insert an image into a web page. Prior to saving, everything is fine. But once I save the page, it changes the pointer for the picture to include the complete address which then points to my hard drive. For example - before saving the picture properties just states - images/aacalogo.gif (which is the folder where the picture is stored). After saving, the properties now shows -file:///D:/webshare/junior/images/aacalogo.gif. I fix it but as soon as I save the file, it changes the pointer back.

The worst part is when I go on-line to check the web page everything is fine because I am using the computer in which I created the page. So, everything is fine because the files are on this drive. It is not until I use another computer that I find the number of actual broken links.

Has anyone else had this problem? You want want to check your web page with another computer than the one in which you created the file. I can go on-line and fix the problem live but this is slow and the next time I publish the file gets re-written. The problem is not for all pages only about a half dozen. Hope this made sense!

Any help or suggestions would be MOST appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Guest BruceW

Judy,

It made sense to me. I have had this problem occasionally in the past.. not lately though. And as you mentioned, it was not every page. Everything I learned about FP I learned by doing so I can't help with the problem. When I did have the problem I made sure to right click on the page and check the properties. If it showed my hard drive, I would manually change the properties there and resave the page. This usually fixed the problem. I haven't had that problem for about a year now so perhaps someone else will be able to give you a permanent fix.