1/18th 1959 Buick

Guest invicta592

You are SO right! That is a beautiful car ... and one of my favorites! So.... I just bought it!!!

I will add it to my Black '47 Cadillac, the gold '59 Cadillac and the ubiquitos '59 Cadillac Eldorado in hot pink (I had to have at least one of these).

1959 sure turned out some beautiful and interesting designs for both GM and PFord. The Impala, Electras, ... even the Lincolns and Fairlanes...all look great. Thanks for the post!

You're right, Dave. I also picked up the "Silver Birch" (of course!) and "Lido Lavender" examples early on. But it sure looks nice in "Tampico Red", so I might have to go for one of these as well.

Next, I hope they'll offer "Sable Black" with the red interior.

Guest invicta592

Any colour is fine by me! smile.gif I've looked for models of 59 Buicks for years, and so far have only managed to find a rather bruised 1/43 scale. I had to have it though, as its a 2dr H/T Electra in red! Strangely, I'm now surrounded by '59 225's in 1/18th!!!

A nice 2dr Invicta would be nice for me next grin.gif

Or, sticking with the 225's, an Indy 500 Pace car replica cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Dave, if you want a '59 Invicta 2-door hardtop, how does Tampico Red with an Arctic White roof sound? That is one of the standard colors available from Wheat's Nostalgia in its excellent 1/25-scale "Memory Lane Extras" series of new promos. I have bought several Buicks in the series, including the '57 Roadmaster 2-door, '58 Roadmaster convertible, '58 Limited 2-door hardtop, '59 Invicta Estate Wagon (discontinued) and '61 Invicta 4-door hardtop. Not only is the quality of these new, resin-cast promos excellent, but you can order them in any factory-original color combination. Unfortunately, the only '59 shown on their website is in an incorrect color combination (Arctic White with Sable Black roof); when two-toned, the Arctic White would always have been the roof color in '59. '59 Invictas are currently available as convertibles or 2-door hardtops.

942-03.jpg

Interestingly, the '60 Invicta is currently offered in 2-door hardtop or 4-door hardtop form. The 4-door hardtop is not yet offered for the '59's, but is promised.

Check it out. Here's the full listing of Memory Lane Extras currently offered. Again, the quality of these is superb.

Memory Lane Extras Catalog

Guest invicta592

Thanks for the link Brian, looks like I missed the boat there though. I got my VISA card ready to purchase and the red/white Invicta has disappeared from the listings.. frown.gif I'll keep an eye on the site anyway, just in case it gets re-listed!

Dave, you can still order a red/white Invicta from Wheat's in the Memory Lane Extra series. It would probably require a telephone call. You can order your car in any factory original paint scheme. I've done this in a couple of cases in order to obtain promos finished exactly like the real Buicks my family owned.

Guest invicta592

I have spoken to the company and they can make one to my choice. I was suprised to find you can even specify interior colours too! They reckoned on a couple of months to build it, but its got to be worth the wait smile.gif

Thanks for the pointer Brian, I'm getting quite a collection of memorabilia now cool.gif

• 3 months later...
Guest invicta592

Well, wouldn't you just know it. A quick look on Ebay and there it is, a 59 Electra Indy Pace car...

<examines wallet, stands back and says.... open sesame>

It'd be nice if they did a version in every factory colour, but I hope they don't do 'em all at once grin.gif