1972 Centurion Convertable top jams up

I have one of those peskey scicsore top convt. and the top keeps getting jamed half way up or down. I have replaced the motor, relay, and switch. It seems that one of the parts in the top is loose I was hoping some one knew where I can get a digram on the top or have info they are willing to share.

These tops are notorious for this. Here is something to try. Raise the roof and latch it. Then remove the drive cable from each actuator. This synchronizes the two actuators. I have to do this once each year.<P>Make sure your side cables are attached front center and back. <P>Good luck.

Notorious is an understatement! These top frames are also sensitive to lubrication and the second bow pivots wearing out is usually what causes jamming halfway. If the top fabric has pulled loose from the second bow (notorious for THAT too) the end of the bow will pivot around to the outside of the top frame and cause a jam. It has to remain inside the siderails to operate properly.<P>Every once in a while I get the notion of wanting another 71-76 GM B-car convert. Then I read these posts and realise why I sold the one I had! tongue.gif" border="0 and I talk myself out of it.

Thanks but i am new to convt. and I dont really know what you are talking about if you would dumb it down a little that would be helpful.<P>are the actuators on the sides behined the back seat headrest area?

Tommy, I'll look in the 72 Fisher Body Manual and see if there's a good drawing of the top frame. I'll be glad to xerox it for you.<P>The actuators are at the corners of the rear seat back and are driven by cables from the top motor/transmission. What Centurion is talking about has to be done every so often because either the cables or actuators get sloppy and the top frame will cock during operation.