73/74 Breather Tube Source Needed

72Buickguy

"Breather tube" as in from the air cleaner to the valve cover for the crankcase ventilation system? Or the "breather tube" for the hot air from the exhaust manifold heat stove to the bottom of one of the air cleaner snorkles?<P>In either case, these would have been dealer only items, especially if the hot air tube was formed metal tubing instead of the flexible tubing of later years.<P>If you can find a GM part number for the desired tube, you might try <A HREF="http://www.partsvoice.com" TARGET=_blank>www.partsvoice.com</A> or some of the restoration/NOS parts vendors.<P>NTX5467

It would be good if this part also fit a GS and the restoration parts people had it in their stock, but it's probably a little too new for that just yet. I'll get out the old paper parts for for '75 and prior Buicks Monday at work and see what it might list. It's a later version so that might diminish the possibility of a part number, but I'll see what I can find.<P>NTX5456

From what I found, there are basically two part numbers that cover Buicks from 1970-'75.<P>PN 25505470 -- '72 All except 3437-3467 (i.e., GS models); '73-'74 455 engines except "A" cars (i.e., midsize cars); '74-'75 350 "X" cars (i.e., Apollo); '75 350-455 "A", "B", "C", "E" (i.e., Regals, LeSabres, Electra, Riviera)<P>PN 1232085 -- '70-'71 All V-8s, '72 3437-3467 (GS models); '73-'74 455 "A" cars (Century/Regal midsize cars).<P>As I mentioned previously, the parts book is a later '80s edition of the pre-'76 Buick parts book so there might be something left out that was in the earlier versions. It does appear that these two part numbers cover the bulk of applications in the particular time frame, though. The "1232085" number does appear to be square in the middle of the muscle car era and possibly is in some restoration catalog somewhere, it would suspect. The "25505470" item does still come up in the GM price database as a currently available part. There were no dimensions listed, just the same picture in the illustratons. <P>I'm not sure how all of this will interface with the observations of models and such mentioned earlier, but hope this listing helps clarify some things in the process.<P>It is also possible to configure some "will fit" breather hoses from other GM applications, but they will not look exactly like the correct Buick hose. I can think of a couple of applications but don't know about the particular hose sizes and such. I suspect that a factory look can be achieved, just that it will not be the correct factory look.<P>Hope this helps . . .<BR>NTX5467