A "give what you can afford" plea for the library roof fund.

Shop Rat

Bill and I sat down and after looking over the donations we traditionally make this time of year, we cut some out and lowered some and came up with $40 that we are sending tomorrow to the library roof fund.

I contacted Bookreader and she said that they are grateful for any amount at all that anyone can send. That our $40 is welcome. smile.gif

So if you have any to spare, no matter how small, please consider a dontation to them. If you have none to spare, then I hope next year will be a better year for you and yours.

Bill's daughter has has a rough three years since 9-11. Because of the attacks she lost her job. Then she lost her car and then had to move out of her apt. Her ex tried to take her son away while she was in this state. She now has a full time job and a part time job. She finally moved into a duplex and is driving a Ford Ranger that operates on a prayer every day to keep running. And the judge told her ex that he can not have our 16 year-old grandson. That he gets to stay with the mom that is raising him and loves him.

So one week ago this Monday we cashed in some retirement CD's to buy her a slightly used 2004 Jeep "Liberty" so that she can get to the jobs and get her life back in order. And we are going to fix up the Ranger for our grandson for when he gets his license. In time we will give her brother a like amount to help him out. All of this will be about $36,000 betwen the two kids when we are done.

Charity this year had to start at home. grin.gif