another "what is it?"

Packard8

The site works fine for me as I have MSN passport for groups already. There are pics of Packards from 1899-1958. MSN Groups is where turbopackman has his special interest site. It's the easiest and free way to share interests and photos- no need to have your own website. If you go to the MSN main you can sign up. It's apinless, free and doesn't generate more spam.

Head-Spin.gif

Hahaha! Bizarre, huh? I mean THIS is a Packard 0401srgnrs41_s.jpg and a danged nice looking one. You see how the main Packard design was not screwed with yet certain points enhanced proving they were good to begin with.

The best thing all of us can do is to create a separate email account in the service provider where if you visit a website and leave info, any spam and BS mail goes to that account and the normal email address is not deluged with crapola. It works for me.

that silver bathtub gets my appreciation on the fact that unlike a lot of rod projects happening lately, it has CHROME bumpers, like it 'oughta. Nothing burns my biscuts more than these 195X-197X cars streetrodded with PAINTED bumpers. The streetroddong I can handle, even if I am Orthodox when it comes to Packards.

Ford, Chebby, go ahead. If they want a car where the bumper is painted the same color as the body why not rod out a 1990 Caprice. They spend tons of money on drivetrain stuff, and we antique car guys could all learn from the streetrod boys when it comes to body and paint. [color:"red"] is it cheapness--or is that just the fad now?

Guest bkazmer

actually the bumper is gone - the chrome you see is the grille extensions above it. And to be totally perverse, many bathtubs came with the center of the bumper painted body color!

Guest imported_Packards1

Mr. Pushbutton is correct on the chrome. "Chrome Rulez" No, there is not a bumper on the bathtub hotrod but the front end chrome makes up for it. Joel

Hi Brian,

I agree in general about spam, but I?ve had an MSN (.net passport) email acct for about 3(?) years and it gets less spam than any others I?ve had. If Billy-Bob Gates wants your info, he?s got it already when you register windows or go to the update site.

I recently switched ISP?s from SBC to Comcast because (aside from the faster speed and lower price) I was being flooded with emails for overseas dope, fake Rolex watches, and anatomical enhancements??..NO, I don?t want larger firmer breasts! (at least not on me).

I usually have 2 or 3 email accounts and save one for private use. Gmail from google is a good one, free and lots of storage space!

Cheers,

John