1941-47 Packard Clipper jack info

gearboy

I dislike using those old bumper jacks on a restored car with nice chrome. 1941-47 Packard Clippers have to be lifted higher than older models for the rear tire to clear the wheel well. I'm looking for the lightest possible jack to carry in the trunk. This question is only for Clipper owners who've changed a rear tire. The rest of you can get by with just about anything and a block of wood.

We know these cars have power, but serious road car fans (and fliers) appreciate "weight is the enemy." I've already jettisoned 90 lbs. of dead weight and dislike carrying a single ounce of unneeded weight.

I'd welcome make/model, collapsed and raised height, weight of jack of any type any of you are using on one of these cars. Cheap is good because this is only for the sake of a flat on the road, i'm not having the jack judged, and already have a serious three-ton floor jack for routine maintenance.

[color:\\"black\\"]

Guest bkazmer

Bathtubs are even harder as far as the lift - same mechanics with even more restrictive fender. The rears are a pain to change even in the garage. Consider two small bottle jacks and some wood blocks, (including of course a tire wedge), working as a relay team. I understand your point on weight, but remember safety too. You're going to have a high lift on who knows how stable a roadside surface.

Another alternate that I cringe a bit on is a foam aerosol flat fixer, but then you should clean that crap out of the wheel & tire later.