63 Starfire Headliner; Emblem, wheel cover restoration

RASCARS

I have wanted a 1963 Starfire since I saw them in 1963 in the Olds dealership. I was 8 years old then. Well, I finally purchased a coupe and I love it. It needs a few items(what car doesn't). I'm having trouble locating the mohair headliner. Mine is showing wear and is shedding. I also need to re-paint the Starfire emblems on the body (grill, trunk, fenders) with the red color. The wheels covers are supposed to be trimmed in Regal Mist ( a metallic burgundy)according to the data plate. The covers have been stripped of all color in the little groves. There is a man that provides a die-cut peal and stick tape for mid 60's T-birds only. I wonder if anyone exists for Olds wheels cover restoration.

I'm also having a problem finding the "C" pillar interior lenses.

Does anyone know who I can contact for any of the above items?

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can correct these items?

I appreciate any ideas any of you have.

Thank you smile.gif

The sponge foam headliner doesn't exist. Might as well put 1960s GM vinyl in it. OCA is aware that the stuff is not reproduced and does not take a point deduction for it.

The color you want for the emblems is called Oldsmobile Purple Poly (yeah, I know, it looks red). If you have a small sample a paint supply should be able to mix you a spray bomb. If not, I've found that a Testor's model paint color called Ruby Red Metallic works well. It may not be as durable on exterior trim as an automotive paint.

Olds actually had a brass masking template to paint the 1963 spinner wheel covers (as well as 58-62). I've known several people over the years who owned them, but they've gotten rid of the cars and all parts and don't know where the templates went. All dealerships were supposed to get one as service wheelcovers weren't painted and had to be sprayed to match the car.

The sail panel courtesy lenses are reproduced and most all GM vendors should have them. They were used on all carlines except Cadillac for many years. There are two types- one has concentric ribs, the other is smooth. www.fusick.com if you haven't already contacted them.

More details on the car? Color, options etc? I'm guessing black, white, Regal or Rose judging by Regal Mist wheelcovers.

Thank you Glenn,

I really appreciate your input and all the information you gave me.

My car is Ebony on ebony with black interior. It is moderately equipped; Working factory air, tilt wheel, 4 way power drivers seat, seat belts, power antenna and trunk release and an AM/FM radio. It has 83,000 miles on the original engine and tranny. Runs out like new. The suspension needs attention as soon as I'm able to get it to a lift to determine if it has a Saginaw or Thompson unit. I am going to try to find the template you spoke of for the wheel covers. It's a shame the headliner material is no longer available. It is one of the features I love the best.

Thank you again for your help.

Bob Spagnola