WTB Delco CD Player

1992ToronadoGuy

90 Radios with CD seem a bit hard to find. If you do not have steering wheel controls, one for a 90 Cutlass might work (would call them first - have never delt with AA personally).

If you just want the player alone, there was a seperate unit for the 90-92 TranSport/Lumina/Silouette that might work but do not have a part number.

These are just possibilities, I ran into quite a bit of information when looking for a factory CD for our '90 Bonneville (16123352 or 16137562) which I fially found.

Along the way it turned out that apparently there were three main changes to the radios in the period: 89-91 was one series, 92-94 was a second, and 95-up. All apparently can interchange but may have slight wiring differences (particularly relating to steering wheel controls) and the dimmer circuit may or may not interlock with the HVAC panel. Might want to check this out.

OTOH CD players before 1992 may be a touch difficult to find. Would not call them "rare", more "uncommon". Later ones seem much more available.

Personally, I prefer factory radios to aftermarket, ones I have had generally prove exceptionally rugged (except for casette belts which seem to be good for 10-15 years max).

In other words, it is simplest to stay in the same range