Need some G Body Regal info

Has anyone heard of a Presidential Edition Regal? Saw an unusual black Regal Limited with special gold pins, "Presidential" decal logos on front fenders and trunk, a gold hood ornament and a dash plaque that said car was no. 743! Out of how many? Car looked to be about an 1986. Origional dealer decal on trunklid was from Hurd Buick. I know this small used car dealer gets a lot of older cars from the New England area auto auctions. Does anyone have any info? Car has a tacky coach style padded vinyl top. (I'd remove that quickly)Other than that it's a nice Limited which could probably be had for a song.

Also does anyone know if a 4BBL intake from a 4.1 V6 will fit a 3.8? I am looking to have a little fun with a nice straight 1982 Regal I found and I would like to find either a stock or aftermarket intake/carb set up. Does anyone know if anyone makes an aftermarket intake for a normally aspirated V6 Buick? All my past experience has been with older V8's.

Guest elk93001

To answer your second question:

The 3.8 and 4.1 are pretty much the same block, the 4.1 having a larger bore. The 4bbl intake from the 4.1 will fit in place of the 2bbl 3.8 intake. This is a pretty popular upgrade for the 3.8

Here is a pretty useful website about your inquiry.

http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/

While I have heard of the "Presidential" edition and have seen a few, I do not know the exact numbers or whether this was a GM option or a dealer add-on. I will look this up

I appreciate your response. I just want to wake that 231 up a little bit.The Regal I have is very solid. Good floors, trunk, bumpers, chrome trim and rear frame. (Unusual for Pa, I'm sure you know that) Picked up a set of aluminum 83 Buick rims w/centers, an 83 TType front spoiler and can get a rear decklid spoiler from a friend if I want it. I was considering an engine swap/change, however the 231 in the car runs very well, so I decided to see what I could do with it.