sway bar thickness

I wnat to get a thicker front and rear sway bar for my 92 lesabre any one have an idea what thickness the oem parts are?? i found front and rear sway bars by Addco it measuments are front: 1 1/8" thick urethane bushings all mountings incl. for $177.27 rear: 1" thick urethane bushings all mountings incl. for $169.32 looking for thoughts...

Guest John Chapman

Put the rear one on first and see if you like the way it handles before swapping out the front one. Adding a rear sway bar will make a huge difference by itself.

JMC

Yes and the front one is quite a bit more work. I'd go with what the Bonneville guys told you about used parts. You'll need some of that used hardware anyhow. Look for any H bodys with F41 suspension. Alloy wheels is a first indication that they MAY have the suspension package but you need to look in trunk for codes and that might not be easy in junk yard. I beleive the F41 front bar is closer to 1 1/4.

Well my old bar is fine as well as the hardware can i use the hardware from the other sway bar for a new one ?? now i see what u wrote but would u recommend using less money by going to a bone yard for a used one will it have the same effect after all i don't mind sanding it down and coating it with some colored paint do u thing it will be better going the cheap route??? -looking for thoughts...