'65 Wcat - vent windows - are the coupe and conv interchangeable

65_wcat

Guest 70 Electra

It depends on whether you mean the vent GLASS, or the entire vent assembly.

I can tell you that for 1966 GM full-size models, while the vent GLASS is common between coupe and convertible, there is a subtle but important difference in the vent window "frame". By "frame", I mean the heavy chrome diecast piece that fits against the windshield pillar. (I don't know the formal name for this piece.)

The convertible version has a water drip channel CAST right into the top of the part. This is to collect the inevitable water leaks that occur and the corner of the roof where roof, vent window, and windshield all come together.

It is common for a convertible's vent "frame" to get replaced during restoration with a part from a coupe. Or, if the entire door is changed, the vent "frame" will come along for the ride. It's a good thing to check when inspecting a convertible for authenticity and originality. Correct "frame" pieces with the drip channel are tough to find in good unpitted condition!

Let me stress that this difference exists on 1966 GM full-size models. I am not so certain it was in place in 1965. It may have even been an interim change in 65. The point is that seemingly identical parts are not always identical!