Fan pulley blues

Went to replace my bent fan pulley today. Bought one replacement from a guy in Ks and it came bent and with chisel marks in it so I got another one from Classic Buicks and it was all rusted looking like it had been outside laying in the dirt for years. Pulled it apart and put the cleaned up and painted pulley and and low a behold it also wobbled??? took it back off and turned the water pump by hand. Either the shaft is bent or the flang that the pulley bolts to is warped. This was a brand new pump when I purchased the car. Is this going to cause me problems? I drive the car a lot and am planning on taking it to the BDE tour in Aurora Ontario this summer. The pump is tight and does not leak. I am wondering if I could end up with the same problem with another new pump.

The person that rebuilt your pump was not careful when he installed the flange on your shaft. You might talk to the vendor that sold it to you, as he should know that his supplier is not doing a good job. As a rule the rebuilds are as good as the new ones,if the rebuilder takes care. frown.gif" border="0