ALAS! my baby has developed a problem

Guest Reatta1

Took 'Beauty' out a couple days ago and noticed she has developed a sag in the headliner. Has anyone had any experience in fixing or is it cheaper to replace?I have the saddle interior in case anyone suggests and has a replacement.

Fixing is probobly not worth your time. It will get too messy with glue. I've never done one on a Reatta, but it's pretty universal. If you dont feel like paying $250 to get it done, do it yourself.

First, remove all the trim, visors, etc. around the headliner. Then, you can remove the actual headliner board. It is velcro-ed to the roof, so be careful, and take it slow. Then, remove all the old material, dust it off, and shoot it with coat of 3M adhesive. Let the glue set up for five minutes. Then it's time for the new material ( found at some auto parts stores. ) Start in the middle and work your way to the sides, removing the bubbles. Let it dry for a half hour, trim the excess ( leave a little all around ) and put it back in. Good luck.

I'd be putting a scan tool on it. If the ECM *thinks* you are turning 6k then my vote would be for a PROM from a 4 cyl engine (ECM divides ignition pulses per second by 3 for a 6 cyl and by 2 for a four to generate RPM). If the ECM reads rite (most likely since there is probably a 6k fuel cut off) then the tach itself probably has a failed calibration element (usually a plated resistor).

Yeah, I was thinking that the tach is just screwed up. One of these days, I'll swap clusters, to see if that helps. But to tell the truth, I dont have much time for this car anymore, and I will probobly sell it soon. There are too many things that dont work right since I put the L36 in over a year ago. I've corrected some, and ignored others.

I just bought a 98 STS that will be the center of attention from now on, since it is faster and more reliable as well. But that doesn't mean I cant try to help you guys out. smile.gif

I've replaced my headliner similiar to FastToro's description in the past. Still holding up after two years with no sags, used grey fabric from JoAnne's fabric store with 3M super spray adhesive, trick is to get rid of the layer of disintegrating foam so that you have a solid base to adhere to.