Where do you guys buy front suspension parts?

96roadmaster

I'm looking for a good, reputable vendor that someone here can recommend to buy some front suspension parts for our '59 Electra 225. I mainly need to find the lower balljoints and new springs, but decided on doing a complete front end rebuild since the mechanic will have most of it apart anyway.

Right now I'm looking at Kanter Auto Parts, unless someone else can chime in and recommend someone else.

Thanks,

Roupin

I use oldbuickparts.com (CARS), much better then Kanter. I made an order with Kanter, and they e-mailed saying there was some kind of error, I called countless times, left numerous messages trying to give them my credit card number-no one wanted to take the information or my money- so I said forget it. CARS has great products, prices, and the shipping time for me is lightning fast. I made many orders with them, they've never forgotten anything or screwed anything up. Hope this helps----

Guest COMPACTBC

I used Kanter for everything to rebuild the front suspension of my '64 Riviera and was very satisfied with the products and speed of delivery. Rare Parts is also a good source for the hard to find stuff, but they are wholesale only so you would need to use a front end shop to get the parts and they are not cheap. tongue.gif

Guest 52buick72r

Just my 2 cents for you .....

I bought a 1964 LeSabre a while ago (now for sale) and had to have the front end rebuilt. I bought parts from Kanter, but found that some of the parts were in fact, incorrect.

A couple of years ago now, I met Craig Stanley at Hershey in the Red Field, in the rain. He was one of only a handful of vendors that were still "open" for business. He has everything imaginable, excepting body parts, and if he does not have it, he knows where he can get it, for just about everything, and he beats Kanter's pricing and quality. Tune-ups, front ends, brakes, springs, rotors, etc. It's his full time job, and he always says 25 hours a day, 7 days a week. He advertizes through word of mouth only, and I have been buying my parts from him EXCLUSIVELY for 2 years now, for my Buicks and my Dad's Buicks, without a single problem. He does not have an answering machine, but generally is near a phone, unless he's at a swap meet during the weekends.

Craig is located out of West Hempsted, NY (Long Island) phone: (516)485-1935, and his shipping is right on. I highly recommend him.

Look for him in the Red Field if you're going to Hershey this year (I don't remember his vendor space), and I know that he'll be at the Fall Carlisle as well.

Good luck with your parts....

Matt

Guest imported_JPIndusi

I have dealt with all the vendors mentioned above and will tell you that Bob's Automobilia is the best for Buick parts.

Joe, BCA 33493