For Sale 69 Electra 2door limited

JohnD1956

I have regretfully decided to try and sell my 69 Electra 2 door Limited. This car needs total restoration, But I am pricing it fairly. Here's what's been replaced in the last 8 years:

all shocks and springs

Water pump

timing chain and gear

tires

disc brake pads

Battery

parking brake cables.

Dual exhaust

Here's what's been rebuilt in that same time period:

Radiator recored

front calipers rebuilt

carburator rebuilt

Here's what needs to be done:

Drivers door should be replaced ( I have a rust free one from Desert dog auto parts that goes with the car)

Bottom of both front fenders needs to be repaired

Lower rear extension on drivers side needs to be replaced

Seam over the wheel opening on the passengers side needs to be repaired

Drivers side front floor pan needs a patch.

Interior and paint, and a front windshield (Not broken, just pitted badly)

Antenna should be replaced.

Dash board surround should be replaced ( I have an uncut one that goes with the car)

Exhaust manifolds should be replaced ( yes, I have an excellent pair that goes too)

Bumpers need to be rechromed

Here's the list of factory options:

Front cornering lights

4 piston caliper disc brakes

dual exhaust

Posi rear

Power windows,door locks, trunk release

Tilt wheel with Cruise control

Auto temp A/C

Mirror map light

split bench seat, six way power both sides.

AM/FM stereo radio

There may be more options but these are the major ones.

Here's what doesn't work:

Clock

A/C and interior temp control

Speakers ( rear window leaked on them)

Make no mistake, this car needs either total restoration or can be dressed up for a daily driver. It has 130K on it. The original 430 runs excellent when it is used every day, but it does run too warm (200-215 degrees on a 180 thermostat) after 30 minutes at highway speeds. Running the heater will keep it at this temperature for at least 2 hours(I think the passenger side exhaust manifold is partially blocked and causing this). I have had it off the road for two years now and a brake line has burst.

This was a Colorado car which I really love, but I just have too many projects. I'm asking $1,000 for the car as is. I also have a set of the 69 factory road wheels for the disc brakes. I will let these go with the car for an additional $300. Otherwise I'll just keep these for whatever future project comes along.

I can be reached at JLD1972@empireone.net. I should be able to snap some digital pictures this weekend for serious inquiries only. I have no transportation available.

Thanks for the read

John D

BCA 3787

ROA 10184

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumped: It's almost spring guys. Still time to put together a sweet ride for the cruising season.. Last I looked there were only 14 of these listed in the 2003 BCA Roster, and none of them made it to the Centenial.

This one runs well and has lots of neat factory options.

JD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

John,

I'm sorry you haven't received more interest in the Electra. I owned a 72 Limited 2 door hardtop which I sold on ebay for $1100 after paying $1400 for it. I have never had any luck selling my similar condition vehicles on this forum, I've even offered cars for free. I currently have a 68 Riviera and a 73 Centurion convertible for newer projects while also I have a 49 Roadmaster undergoing restoration. I used to buy up every car like yours because I saw the value in them. But over the years I have lost thousands on projects never realized so I as much as it pains me, I have stopped buying. I am sure your car would get $500 to $1000 on ebay, from an interested party in the foothill states.

Bryan Moran

BCA 28571

Thanks for the reply Bryan. I thought about e bay, but I have never sold anything there and am somewhat uncomfortable without a full understanding of how it works and what my responsibilities are.

I guess I will have to learn what it's about sooner than later in this case. It is a shame that these Electras get little respect. If I could, I'd love to keep this car and refurbish it for a daily driver. I think the big Buicks are unbeatable.

John d