The oldies grow an you.

Guest klb

Guest imported_klb

I can't remember not loving cars. I think I was born with it in my blood. smile.gif

I grew up listening to my Grandfathers stories of the REOs he'd owned, and his first car, which was a Carter Car. Grandfather liked cars, but he wasn't what you'd call a car nut. Cars served a purpose for him, transportation, and the faster they did it the better!

He was also the person who taught me to drive. He was 81 at the time, I was 15, it was 1961. Man we had some great drives!

But my interest in cars focused on the cars I saw around me as a teenager. Cars like Grandfathers early 50s' Chryslers and Buicks, and of course the new cars of my teens. When I was a bit younger there was an especially memorable late 40s Dodge Wayfarer coupe.

But the earlier cars, 1900 - 1935 or so just never lit my fire. They were cool, but just not my cup of tea.

Today I went to watch the cars cross the finish line of the New London to New Brighton, MN race. This event is limited to cars built in 1915 or before, with 1 or 2 cylinders if I recall right.

There were Reos, Maxwells, a Franklin, a couple of 1906 Cadillacs, several Buicks, an International, a Stanley and more. They were great!

I've been to this event before, but it was different this time. Somehow I saw these cars in a whole different light this time. I owe that to the posters on this forum.

Thanks.

Guest Indiana_Truck

Sounds like a real fun time to me! Wish I could have been there to see it but then I was able to see a line of old timers one time drive past my house about 15 years ago. Don't remeber what they were but do know there were lots of them and several early model T's and the like. I was only 16 when I found the 1925 Indiana in a barn and fell in love with it on sight! It has grown on me even more now that I am almost ready to finish it.

Bob