95 Regal custom

I recently purchased a Regal custom. Does anyone know if there is a difference between a custom and a custom GS? If there is a difference what is it? This car seems to have a few options I was told were not available in the normal custom.<P>Thanks <P>Dave B

I have a 95 Regal Custom. It has the premuim stereo, electric antenna, dual zone a/c, and leather seats. There were two pinstripe patterns available on the sedans, one goes the length of the car and one curls under the windows. Leather seats are the same seats for any Regal, Custom, GS or Limited. As near as I can tell, there wasn't much difference in the Limited at all, just the <BR>chrome grill.

If it is a "GS" it should have appropriate suspension upgrades along with possibly wider aluminum wheels, larger sway bars front and rear, and more performance-oriented tires (at least from the factory). The basic suspension is coded "FE1" on the Service Parts Identification (SPID) label in the trunk (usually on the inside of the deck lid or on the spare tire cover under the mat). Upgrade suspensions would probably be listed as "FE3". <P>In a lot of cases, the struts will be the same for all of the suspensions, but the springs will be a little stiffer with the addition of a rear sway bar or bigger sway bars and the performance tires. <P>These suspension issues are not tied to any specific trim options as such, but a GS would be a higher trim level (typically) than a Custom. It's also possible that if a more powerful engine was available, it would also be in the GS models as standard equipment too, as would "blackout trim".<P>Enjoy!