A/C part interchange

I'm looking at an Olds Suction Throttle Valve. I want to know if it will fit one of my cars. The box is hand marked with 9.198 (group number?), and the printed label says Frigidaire part # 6550179. I don't have a Buick/Olds interchange book. So, my question is: will this fit either a 63 Electra or a 64 Riviera?<P>Thanks.

My gut suspicion is that if the threads will match up with what you have and you can make the other pressure bias/sensing hookups work, then it should work on your application. The internals of these valves probably should all be the same, just have different calibrations for the various vehicles and their a/c system requirements. Newer versions of these valves have a triangular knob to make the adjustments with (on the outside) whereas the original ones had a different calibration method (as specified in the service manual for the vehicle) to keep the working pressures in line with the great cooling performance these systems typically gave.<P>Therefore, each part number would probably relate to a particular calibration instead of any significant difference in the actual valve "guts" itself. That way, the technician could install it "as is" and not tinker with it unless it needed it (froze up the evaporator or formed ice on the valve itself or didn't cool well enough).<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

Ralph,<P>I would most definitely be interested. Please contact me directly (click on the envelope above) and let me know exactly what you've got (year, part # if you know it, etc.).<P>Thanks.