1956 Buick dynaslush transmission

QUESTION: If I ordered the 61-63 special<BR>dual path repair kit from "Kantor" do I<BR>need anything more to upgrade my 56 Buick<BR>slower-than-molasses dynaslush? Does this<BR>kit have everything IE: It has "Master Kit"<BR>"band kit not required" and bushing kit.<BR>I no nuttings about it. Loren 56 Buick Century.

Its a good engine, with good top end cruising power, the problem is acceleration, which is caused by the fact that the dynaflow basically is always in high gear...

The only thing that will fit both 56 DYNAflow and Dual-Path is the FLUID ! In 1956,Buick started to use the "Double- Regeneration" torque convertor .It has TWO stators,so it re-directs the fluid twice. If it is sluggish,check all three of the overrunning clutches,(! roller clutch and 2 sprags) this unit performed so well,that it eas used until Buick came out with the "400"

This is excellent! Someone who was at the factory when Dynaflow were built and knows them inside out- MrBuick, you wouldn't happen to have had a friend over in the HydraMatic plant would you? Who would post and share with us? I have a SlimJim that beats me up bad, and nobody wants to work on it... frown.gif" border="0

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Loren,<P>I do not know if your '56 has the same kickdown assembly as my '55 but if it does it may not be adjusted properly.<P>There is a rod that goes down to the transmission from the accelerator linkage, that's sole purpose it to downshift the car.<P>When you step on the gas about halfway down, there is a screw that engages the kickdown lever. If the screw is adjusted too short, it is late or no kickdown. If the screw is adjusted properly, it should kick the trans. down at about 1/2 throttle.<P>You may have to play with this to get it to act the way you want to. After I adjusted mine properly, the car flew. Also if it is not adjusted properly, it can keep the 2nd set of barrels kicking in on the carb.<P>Check the dashpot adjustment as per the shop manual too.<P>You should have the 4bbl. on your Century.<P>Scott Mich BCA # 6619<BR>Assistant Director<BR>Chicagoland Chapter<BR>1955-76C Roadmaster Convertible<BR>1959 Olds SS-88 Holiday Sport Sedan