Boattail registry

Trevor Thompson

Hi,

As a classic car owner, and specifically a Boattail owner, I've often wondered how many of these cars are left, and have decided to act. I'm creating a registry of worldwide boattails and am trying to gather as many names as I can.

If you own a boattail or know of somebody who does, send me an email with:

Name

Year

Vin

Address (city,State)

Cowl tag

And anything else you may want to share, rare options, if it's numbers matching, current conditon or if you are the original owner.

I'm collecting as much info as I can, even if it's a parts car or rotting in somebodies back yard, that's fine.

Thanks!

Trevor, welcome to the BCA Forum. There are a couple of nice examples in my local BCA chapter here in Washington state. I will try to get the details for you.

Please keep us posted on your progress. I will be interested to learn how many cars you are able to document.

By the way, we would enjoy hearing about your boattail!

You might also check, if you have not already done so, on the Riviera Owners Association link with the BCA. The ROA knows all those with the Boattail years, but not sure if they would release the information to you. At least, you should be able to get the number of those in the ROA.

I just found one year in CT advertised as needing work, with asking price $400. Went before I could get through on the phone to them. Good luck with your project.

John

There are still a lot of these out there. I recently checked into boattails when I had a little extra money. I purchased a 64 Buick convertible instead but hope to add Rivieras in the future. There were a few out there in still nice original shape. Also there are a lot of rust buckets that still run because of the great stout drivetrain.