Duals on the 225

Well, the day is finally about to come. This Tuesday I get dual exhaust on the 225. Getting 2.25", heavy guage aluminized steel pipes and using Flowtech Afterburners. I'll let you all know the results after its finished. Can you see the grin on my face? grin.gif" border="0 I'll have to change my signature now, too. grin.gif" border="0 <P>P.S. Keep an eye out for me around Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg this Tuesday. I'll be in Lemoyne for the exhaust work, then cruisin' around for awhile with a local friend or two.<p>[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: 73Electra 225 ]

Good luck! I got 2.25 stainless steel front to back with 2 turbo mufflers 4 months ago. Sounds great and a noticable amount of more mid/top end power. Not having to push gases through a 20 year old converter probibly helps alot too! grin.gif" border="0

The duals are on! The duals are on!!! As of 1pm today, my car now officially has dual exhaust and I am one happy camper. I have a pretty nice mellow idle, but as soon as you hit the throttle, bam!, you get one mean sound. Pretty loud on hard throttle, just what I wanted. grin.gif" border="0 Oh, the best part...more power!!! Especially off the line and in the bottom to mid end, the increase in power is very noticable. grin.gif" border="0. I am going to try and get some video and/or sound digitized so that you all can see the results.<P> grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: 73Electra 225 ]

Guest Shaffer

Congradulations. We know you have been waiting for those for a long time. Don't get any tickets. LOL. grin.gif" border="0 <P>My old 72 Electra had duals, but they was not original. The original owners son, said the car was very quiet with the single exhaust, but the duals really helped it run better.

the stock dual exhaust on my 'lark is rusting away...i'm planning on using headers and a flowmaster exhaust, which will remove the last weak parts on the car (exhaust and manifolds). should be nice.

Guest wildcat65401

hey i recently replaced the factory duals on my 69 and it made a great difference . nearly finished rebuilding the 65 wildcat 401 . let u know how it comes out .<BR> love the 69 electra though and would like to talk to someone else with one .<BR> see yall later , paul .

Congrats, I'de like to hear those duals bark. I've got a 67 electra convertible, and am thinking about the same. How much did this job cost? <P>Are you taking the 73 to Carlisle? <P>ElectraMan

The mufflers cost $80 out of Jegs. The rest totaled to $397 which consisted of taking off the old 2" pipe and crossover, installing new studs on the manifold ends, pipes, clamps, hangers, and labor. So in the end, $480.