Need Help - 65 Skylark

Can anybody help me? I have a 1965 skylark Convertible with factory 4-speed. Forgive my ignorance but I know very little about the 64-65 Skylarks. I have owned 3 early 70's Skylarks and know more about those. I am looking for a set of bucket seats that will bolt in correctly and need to know if a set from a 1966 Skylark will work or are they different? Am also looking for a tilt steering column that will bolt right in with correct wiring harness or what car/year from Chevy, Olds or Pontiac will work? I am also looking for a Body-side molding for the passenger side rear quarter and drivers door and rear quarter. Thanks for your help!

Guest John Chapman

Gary,<P>I think you're in luck. The '66 seats should fit. You'll need the bucket seat adaptor set from YearOne... actually, it's just the bucket seat inner rails. The existing bench seat mounts will work, I believe. You'll need the correct upholstery kit to get the pattern right. Y1 also sells the back rest bumpers, track mounting bolts, foam, springs, etc.<P>I think the tilt wheel column from the '64-65 Skylark will work and maybe the '66-67, too. I'm also thinking the Cutlass of the same years is interchangeable. The Chevy and Pontiacs were different colums. They show up on eBay from time to time. M&H Fabricators can supply a new harness if you need one.<P>Side trim should be available from others on the site... or there should be knowledge of where to find it.<P>Cheers,<BR>JMC

While the '66 bucket seats will bolt in they are of a completly different design. The upholstery kit for a '65 will not work on '66 seats. <P> The floorshift tilt column would be the same from any "A" body '64-'65'66 be it a Chevelle/Lemans/Cutlass or Skylark. (Columnshift are paired Chevelle/Lemans and Cutlass/Skylarks due to location of shift indicator)<P>Call Mark Polastry 512-303-0833 in Webberville, Tx and he'll have all the '65 Skylark trim you'll need!<BR> Henry.

Guest John Chapman

Henry...<P>Uhhh... yep. I shoulda caught the floor shift part. I didn't realize the seats were different, though. Thanks for setting it straight.<P>JMC