Anti-Lock Brakes - Fuses!!!!

I recently purchased a 1990 Regal Ltd. It has anti-lock brakes and keeps popping a 30 amp pump fuse (located on left inner fender)-up to 2 a week or it may not happen for 6 weeks! Could this be due to the accumulator pump drawing too much voltage when it kicks in? There doesn't seem to be any consistancy with this, so it is really difficult to trace the cause. It does mainly happen at a lower engine RMP thus the voltage is lower. I live in Canada therefore am using heater always and windshield wipers quite often. The car also has automatic daytime running lights.<BR>Would appreciate help from anyone who may have experienced this or have knowledge of why this is happening.<BR>Thanx

Check for chaffed wiring that could be intermittently shorting out. I suspect that if it was the motor pulling too much of a load on the system, it'd be constant instead of must every so often. Is it setting a code in the BCM and/or turning on the "check brake system" light when this happens? <P>The antilock system will only activate when the individual wheels start to lock up. Therefore, during normal driving, the system is "ready" but not working until you need it. Or, in some cases, when wheelspin is taking place--in the "traction control" mode (when the "Low Trac" light comes on). The basic "Enhanced Traction Control" kills engine power whereas the higher level controls use brake intervention to stop wheel spin.<P>I really suspect it's just a wiring issue.<P>NTX5467