Vacuum water valve Electra 1967

I own a Electra 1967 with a 1968 430 motor in it..<BR>There is no vacuum watervalve installed.<BR>In my shopmanual it looks like if the watervalve is located behind the carburator on the intake manifold but on my intake manifold which i believe is from 1968, the vaterhose is coming from the front of the intake manifold and the watervalve wont fit there, tha aircleaner is in the way..<BR>Any ideas someone??

The water valve on my '68 LeSabre screws into the intake manifold behind the carburetor. On the 350, the casting in that area seems extremely fragile.<P>There are two water valves, one for the 350 and one for the larger V-8s. The difference is the height of the valve with the one for the 350 being shorter. <P>If you can find a genuine Buick service manual, it has several illustrations of those hose routings in great detail. Basically, the water valve (at the back of the intake manifold) feeds the heater core through the hose connection on the blower motor side of the situation. The hose that attaches on the innermost (toward the center of the car) heater hose connection from the core is the return line and heads straight from the core to the front of the engine. Pretty straightforward.<P>NTX5467