LANSING HOMECOMING SHOW LAST SAT. WOW!!!!!!

s.zaban

Guest Dave Wyatt

This was our second time attending the show, and unfortunately as spectators again. The beautiful weather and a great turn out of Oldsmobiles made for a great day. We hope to return next year with a completed Vista Cruiser along with a small group of fellow Vista owners who will be showing as well. I've got a lot of work to do.

This was my first time and just loved it. My only complaint was we need more vendors of 88 parts!! I just can't help it. I love my 66 Dynamic convertible, but it needs a few items to be nice. Thanks for a great time. Met some wonderful people there.

It was a great show. Lots of nice cars. Gotta bring the 72 442 out next year.

I was glad the The Alero Chapter was able to be a part of it. Thanks to everyone who gave us a warm welcome.

I agree need more food vendors.

Also with the size of the modified class the past 2 years I think it needs to be broken up so it is not so big. I am talking about what is it 68 or 69 to present. Wow what a large class. I think that class needs to be broken up somehow. either break it up for the RWD and FWD or cut it somewhere in the 80's. That way it is little more fair for everyone in that class. I think the OCA also needs to do the same thing.

But once again a great show.

Scot

Alero Chapter President

Hey Oldsman. I talked to someone about that as well. And as he pointed out. The year isn't really a fairness factor in the "modified" class since nothing about the car needs to be stock. You can litterally replace nearly any old part with a new one and it still classifies as "modified".

While I understand this, I'd still prefer to see the modified class broken up. But I'd actually recommend breaking it up somewhere in the mid to late 70's then again maybe in the late 80's. Kind of go with when there were major changes in body styles.

oh I agree with ya.

it does need to be broken up. I think as the more of the newer cars go to shows and if we start to win then things might change. but first is getting the numbers and getting more people to say that there needs to be something done.

Thanks for the comments. Keep them coming.

We just had our wrap up meeting this week, and are already planning for next year..

We were all, also glad to see the Alero Club attend , hope your back next year,with more.

We will address the modified class.

As you can see we do not go by OCA rules per say, and create classes, to have fun , so all can enjoy.

This year was a record everything,

so thanks for the support.

My goal is to get some national attention.

We do well with local, TV and newspapers, radio etc. , but it is time for the big time.

Keep the comments rolling.

• 3 weeks later...