Question on news letter, what do I do?

Guest Debby

Guest imported_Debby

I recived from two different club members pictures on the same show and BBQ. Should I make two separate pages or put them together, This would be 4 pages. I really don't want to up set any body. Has any body had this before? This is my first time and I am not sure what to do. Here I was worried I would not have enough as we were away and I was not here to go to the shows. Yes there are different pictues!

Thanks

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

I problem a lot of editors wish they had, I would use some from each and give photo credits.

Guest imported_Debby

Yes, I hope I keep getting them. I talked to some of the members. They all say use both so my news letter will have both pages one for each on the auction and one each on the car show. If the rest don't like it they will have to tell me at the meeting. I now have pictures on the BBQ, tractor & truck show, auction and the cruise-in. Also three articles by members. Looks like a 9 page one this time.

I am giving credit to every one.

Thanks

Debby, we've had this happen several times in the past and it's an editor's dream! I realize you're not complaining, just looking for advice!

We used the best photos (but not necessarily all, if space was limited) for the newsletter. Sometimes we kept the articles separate, sometimes we edited them together into one article. Either way, we ALWAYS gave full writing and photo credit. That's the only way you'll keep the articles and pictures coming.

But there is a second step that shouldn't be overlooked. As web editor, I would take the extra photos (and words, if any) and put them on the website. If I knew in advance we were going to do that, I'd consider putting something with the article(s), sending readers to the website for more on the event. Your webmaster will love you for sharing!

Jan K.

Wis Region