1931 GRAHAM SPECIAL 820

DOC18015

Hello from a new Graham owner!!! I recently purchased subject vehicle from a gentleman in Calif. and require a owners manual and a service manual. It has a 8 cyl. flathead engine /4 speed trams/hydralic brakes........all requiring attention.The glass has to be changed out to safety glass. Any help is certainly appreciated. I have contacted the Graham club. The president was very helpful , but could not help to source the info I need. I also contacted the library @ AACA....no help. Thanks, George

George,

Congratulations on your purchase of a fine automobile!

Depending on your needs, I may have some information I'd be happy to share with you. I'm curently working on a all original '29 Graham-Paige Model 827 for a gentleman. Although it's not exactly the same as your '31, I have some info that may help. Finding the original manuals will certainly take some doing, but I'm sure they are out there. Good luck with that. You can contact me direct at rahoover@att.net with your list of specifications needed and I'll be more than happy to send copies of what I have on your 820.

Rick

It's only been 8 days since your first post for help and the time you got scared. Take it easy. It may take some months to gather up all your parts. I suggest joining the Graham Owners Club and then advertising for the parts you need in their newsletter. (Be careful because they accept street rods in that club). Also get their roster and start contacting every member with a car in the range of your's age. Contact one of the museums for a photocopy of your manual. What's left of Harrah's still offered this service some few years ago. Detroit Library, Crawford in Cleveland, and one in Philly may still do this too. Planning and preparation are 90% of a successful restoration, so sit back and relax and enjoy the process. You will have fun, you'll learn a lot, and you'll make some good friends.