55-56 Crossref reorganized

WCraigH

As many of you know, I am updating my Panther Project website to include some new projects for it like the adjustable T-L front links and the remote full flow oil filter. I'll also have a separate (non-Panther) section on Paul-Las Vegas 1956 Exec resto-"what if" project.

Finally, I've incorporated most parts and numbers from the excellent 1955-56 Crossref thread on this site into the 'Crossref' section of my site. This is to reorganize it in a hopefully more useful way since the original postings are in encounter-sequential order.

I'd appreciate it if those who are interested and can handle the detail will review my update on this particular topic and provide corrections and feedback.

Reorganized Cross Reference

Guest imported_Packards1

Craig, the V-8 cross referebce is great. I have printed it out and it will be in my glovebox for the Toronto show. Joel

Guest Albert

Creg i have sent you an excell file of what i have found out so far fron the Wagner catalog, and blue streak and the autolight catalogs, if anyone else wants a copy let me know, it's in an excell format. Albert Skinner Toronto Canada...

• 3 weeks later...

Craig

Just used your cross reference to give the local parts house parts numbers for needed supplies. Many thanks for the excellent reference!

I'm ignorant of how data bases are saved or costed out. I assume that maintaining the Panther Web Site is not free, and that the more stuff you put on it the more it costs. If that is true, those of use who make use of the info should help bear thea cost. Again, in my ignorance,it appears that you must have put a goodly number of hours into getting the cross reference information

catalogued and posted. Obviously you haven't done it for gain, but I, for one, would like to express appreciation monetarily as well as verbally.

From the number of "hits" the postings get, it appears that our numbers are not great. $5 each might bring in $100, it might even bring in $500 (highly doubtful).

How about feedback from you other posters and lurkers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(snip) Obviously you haven't done it for gain, but I, for one, would like to express appreciation monetarily as well as verbally.

From the number of "hits" the postings get, it appears that our numbers are not great. $5 each might bring in $100, it might even bring in $500 (highly doubtful). </div></div>

Although I wouldn't mind $500 "falling out of the sky", the website costs me nothing because it is hosted by an old professional acquaintance. I am the webmaster, so at the going rate for personally restoring cars (maybe $0.10/hr) extrapolated to the web work...nah, nevermind!

The actual compensation is the many internet-based Packard friends I now have. A few of whom I've actually met face-to-face like KevinAZ, Paul in Vegas and Roy from CA. They've all physically helped me at one time or another on one of my Packard projects.

So, if you're ever in town (or nearby Las Vegas), drop by and be prepared to turn a wrench. Thanks for the $$$ thought anyway.